Saturday, December 11, 2010

Surrogate...Not Me

I was asked why i could not get a surrogate. I really hadnt thought that through. My friend Linda mentioned to my mom that she would do it. Crazy I say. What a nice thing to offer. BUT I just cannot imagine not carrying or bonding with my BB during the gestation process. A book I have read and love to go back to from time to time is called Mother Daughter Wisdom by Christiane Northrup. Its a unique and beautiful perspective many aspects of motherhood, particularly for me the part about the bonding begins at conception. She goes on to explain in scientific and energetic detail the many facets involved. I love it.

That being said, HG is debilitating and yuck for me but the whole time I am grateful for baby and the ability to grow and care for this baby in this body. Its a blessing and an amazing miracle. Its my favorite subject at parties....babies. Me and my husband are often called baby pushers. It seems I put the HG out of my mind the minute I am on my own to eat drink and be merry baby maker.

Thank you Linda For such a great offer, im have tempted with my anxiety for this one but I am gonna go for it. I wont forget the offer and the sweet caring behind it.

I was talking with my brother the other day and he said cant you just adopt. Yes, but its expensive and sometimes timely. What about Foster others say. Well I could and prolly will someday, but the thought of sending some of those precious spirits back to the environment they came from after i have fallen in love with them( first day) isnt pretty. I get attatched to kiddos.

I know I cannot save the world my friends, but I can be the best that I can be. I cant wait for baby #3 to join our family. This is not to say that we would not consider adopting later. I will be 40 so this is my last hurrah. Thanks for reading, hope you all have a great saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment